Civil Engineering Technology
Diploma Degree in Civil Engineering Technology (CVT)
The Civil Engineering Technology program is tailored to provide students with the required skills and knowledge to work as civil engineering technicians in areas involving drafting, construction, estimating, and surveying. This program consists of classroom courses, lab sessions, and team work experiences.
Program Educational Objectives
Civil Engineering Technology Program is designed to prepare students for continued learning and successful careers. Within few years of graduation, our alumni will be:
- Pursing a fulfilling career in the Civil Engineering Technology field
- Successfully utilizing practical skills in dealing with real life technical problems both on individual and team levels
- Advancing their career through professional development courses and/or Bachelor degree education
- Demonstrating familiarity with ethical values and engineering technology standards in solving technical problems
The Civil Engineering Technology program adopts the “Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission” (ABET – ETAC) student outcomes. Graduates of Civil Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team
Students graduating with Civil Engineering Technology degree are fit for careers in planning and designing projects. Such projects can be highways, bridges, utilities, and other infrastructure projects. They also help in planning, designing, and building commercial, industrial, residential, and land development projects. Moreover, they may collect or test materials from the construction site, and observe the project.