Electrical Engineering Technology
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
The Electrical Engineering Technology program prepares graduates with knowledge, problem-solving ability, and hands-on skills to enter careers in electronic circuit analysis, electrical installation, electric power and control, testing, evaluation, simulation, and maintenance of electrical systems.
The total credits required for graduation are 65 credits, normally achievable within two years of full-time study.
Program Educational Objectives
The Electrical Engineering Technology Program is designed to prepare students for continuous learning and successful careers. Our alumni are expected to:
- Develop a fulfilling career in the Electrical Engineering Technology field
- Utilize acquired Electrical Engineering Technology skills while working individually or in group
- Display efficient writing and oral communication skills in Electrical Engineering Technology practice
- Pursue career advancement through professional development courses or Bachelor degree education
- Exhibit knowledge in engineering technology standards and ethical values in addressing Electrical Engineering Technology problems
The Electrical Engineering Technology program adopts the “Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission” (ABET – ETAC) student outcomes. Graduates of Electrical Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Graduates of the ACM Electrical Engineering Technology program will be prepared for careers in electronic circuits, electronic systems operation and maintenance, electrical installation, electric power and energy systems, plant maintenance personnel, and technical salespeople. These jobs are abundant in the oil and gas, electric power, telecommunication and networking, water, and transport industries.