Industrial Engineering Technology (IET)
Diploma Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology (IET)
The Industrial Engineering Technology program prepares graduates with knowledge, technical, analytical, and managerial skills necessary to develop, implement, and improve integrated systems in manufacturing and service industries that include people, materials, equipment, information, and energy.
The total credits required for graduation are 65 credits, normally achievable within two years of full-time study.
Program Educational Objectives
The Industrial Engineering Technology Program is designed to prepare students for continuous learning and successful careers. Our alumni are expected to:
- Develop a fulfilling career in the Industrial Engineering Technology field
- Solve technical problems efficiently whether working individually or as part of a professional team using Industrial Engineering Technology skills
- Convey information and communicating effectively in Industrial Engineering Technology practice
- Pursue career advancement through professional development courses or Bachelor degree education
- Demonstrate the knowledge of engineering technology standards and ethical values in addressing Industrial Engineering Technology problems.
The Industrial Engineering Technology program adopts the “Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission” (ABET – ETAC) student outcomes. Graduates of Industrial Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Graduates will be prepared for careers in system design, integration, and manufacturing, as industrial technicians, engineering aides, plant maintenance personnel, production and planning assistants, designers/draftspersons, and technical salespeople. These jobs are abundant in the oil and gas, electric power, water, and transport industries.