ACM Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
Diploma Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
Degree DescriptionThe Mechanical Engineering Technology program prepares graduates with knowledge, problem-solving ability, and hands-on skills to start their careers in installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, computer-aided design, and maintenance of mechanical systems. The total credits required for graduation are 65 credits, normally achievable within two years of full-time study.
Program Educational ObjectivesThe Mechanical Engineering Technology program is designed to prepare students for continuous learning and successful careers. Our alumni are expected to:
- Develop a fulfilling career in the Mechanical Engineering Technology field
- Apply Mechanical Engineering Technology learned skills in dealing with technical problems both on individual and team levels
- Showcase efficient communication skills in Mechanical Engineering Technology practice
- Pursue career advancement through professional development courses or Bachelor degree education
- Demonstrate knowledge in ethical values and engineering technology standards in solving Mechanical Engineering Technology problems
Student OutcomesThe Mechanical Engineering Technology program adopts the “Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission” (ABET – ETAC) student outcomes. Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and;
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Career OpportunitiesGraduates will be prepared for careers as mechanical technicians, engineering aides, plant maintenance personnel, designers/draftspersons, production assistants, and technical salespeople. These jobs are abundant in the oil and gas, electric power, water, and transport industries.
- Degree Requirements
- Work Sheet
- Sample Plan of Study
- Students Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Course Catalog
The Mechanical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Mechanical Engineering Technology Program Criteria.