Chemical Engineering Technology
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology
The Chemical Engineering Technology program provides classroom instruction and extensive hands-on training using state-of-the-art process equipment, laboratories and computers. This will prepare the students with job oriented knowledge, skills, and problem solving abilities to effectively work as a chemical engineering technician.
Upon completion of the degree requirements, the student will receive a Diploma Degree – Associate of Science (AS) in Chemical Engineering Technology.
Program Educational Objectives
Chemical Engineering Technology Program is designed to prepare students for continued learning and successful careers. Within few years of graduation, our alumni will be:
- Pursuing a fulfilling career in the Chemical Engineering Technology field.
- Applying proper skills as individuals or in professional teams to solve technical problems.
- Pursuing career advancement through professional development courses and/or undergraduate studies.
- Demonstrating awareness of ethical and social values in addressing technical problems in their field.
The Chemical Engineering Technology program follows the “Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission” (ABET – ETAC) accreditation organization in learning outcomes criteria. Graduates of Chemical Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results;
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Students graduating with Chemical Engineering Technology degree are fit for careers in, petrochemical plants operations, processes design, food processing and quality, environmental safety. Common industries for employment include: manufacturing, food, pharmaceuticals, oil, gas, refineries, petrochemical processing, and oil and gas mining, among others.