Information Technology (IT)
Diploma Degree in Information Technology (IT)
The Information Technology program helps students acquire the needed skills that will make them an asset to any organization in today’s job market. One of the main strengths of the program is the practical aspect and use of dedicated tools that allow students to develop hands-on competence and problem analysis skills.
The total credits required for graduation are 66 credits, normally achievable within two years of full-time study.
Program Educational Objectives
Information Technology program is designed to prepare students for continuous learning and successful careers. Within few years of graduation, our alumni will be:
- Pursuing a fulfilling career in the Information Technology field.
- Perform properly as individuals or in professional teams to solve technical problems in the field of Information Technology.
- Pursuing career advancement through professional development courses and/or Bachelor degree education.
- Demonstrating a high standard of ethical and social values in solving technical problems in Information Technology field.
The Information Technology program adopts the “Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission” (ABET – ETAC) student outcomes. Graduates of Information Technology must demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team
Graduates of ACM Information Technology program will have hands-on experience to immediately integrate the following professions in the information technology sectors: Application/ Software/ Web developers, database administrators, and IT analysts.